Fotis Konstantopoulos (Greece)

This passion begins in 1984, in 1996 I established oikotimes as a printed pamphlet and in 2001 as a website turned eventually into Eurovision. The best thing happened is that I got to know some great friends.

• Jennie Di Centa 4 years ago

Granny Enter – another portion of madness from newby roboBOT.

• João Jorge 4 years ago

I thinh the voting was fair. some win others lose, it’s the way of life. let’s just accept and move on. if they are good they will succeed.

• Jennie Di Centa 4 years ago

PAUL FERGUSON (@POKEMON_PAUL) Hey Paully! Glad to see your roboass here :)) Did you talk with Sergei or your owner for my BMW reniting? ‘cas i wanna BMW! NOW

• Jorje Valira Muniaz 4 years ago

I think it was obvious that the organizators did everything for Danemark to win.I can’t understand why they did this but i hope in the future the next contest will be much correct tham this year.

• Paul Ferguson (@pokemon_paul) 4 years ago

Loving how a good proportion of comments on this site are now from fake Azeri facebook accounts. So how much did you get paid by them to write this trash hmm?

• John J. Upton 4 years ago

I think it’s a total scam. Go on, don’t bother honest people tryin to do its best! rubbish!

• La Cri 4 years ago

This voting system is really ridiculous.
    I hope that is changed,should count only the songs, not politics.
    They wanted to win Denmark.

• Pedro Alexandre Silva 4 years ago

• Caioo Giulio 4 years ago

it is sad to see how a competition born now more than 50 years ago has arrived at these low levels. I hope that the voting system will change in the future. Maybe, it could change in a secret ballot where you do not know the nationality, but only the song

• Karim Khan 4 years ago

I agree that recounting is one of the options available to ensure transparency. The scandals should be dealt in way acceptable to all stakeholders. Also, strict rules should be adopted in order to make future contests transparent.

• Luca Ciucci 4 years ago

it is said that the cause is some favoritism from neighbors, it could well be that Denmark is really to be evaluated as it has been and is resulted from azerbaijan 0

• Igor Ventura 4 years ago

I can’t believe this! Injustice like this pisses me off!!!

• Laia Scully 4 years ago

My only knowledge about the Eurovision song contest and its evaluation system is from a normal spectator perspective, from someone who usually only watches the final. Having seen it several years, I am aware about the usual neighbour votes and so on. However, this time I also found it strange how totally unrelated countries decided to give the most votes to Denmark. The song may be one of the preferred choices, but I believe there were other ones who could have got many more votes, and this considering the general trends in Eurovision songs rather than my personal opinion on music.

• Jennie Di Centa 4 years ago

And now to the article – from the first frame to the last one lithuanian video is a total scam.

And “scandinavian friendship” it’s not a news for me. I clearly remember, when on football Euro-04 they played 2-2 and kick off Italy from play-offs.

You may read about it here – http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/jun/18/euro-2012-sweden-denmark-2-2

Eurovision? Same story.

• Jennie Di Centa 4 years ago

NIKOS MANDALAS, ALEX TSIAPOURIS – yet another two bots, payed by misterious “Sergei” owner :))))

Guys, please, tell your owner – i want to rent some BMW :))))))

• Alex Tsiapouris 4 years ago

NIKOS MANDALAS tells everything there is to comment about this ridiculous article. Denmark was No. 1 in every single poll months before the contest…

• Anar Imamverdiyev 4 years ago

İts obvious that Denmark wasnt even in top 3 e.g. they must be thankfull for they geography location!

• Nikos Mandalas 4 years ago

This is rubbish – if it’s not another paid article by Azerbaijan’s vast PR machine, it’s so idiotic that it begs belief really. Neighborly voting has been around for years – and this year Denmark won despite not a single 12 from any of its Nordic neighbors. I guess the author of the article cannot believe how North European countries could not possibly appreciate the Greek late-90s crap sent by the Azeris. Here in the UK even the staging was regarded as laughable, but we Greeks – or most of us at least – seem to be stuck in the Rouvas – Evagelinos era. The real scandal in 2012 and in the years before is the amount of effort the Azeris put into buying votes. The evidence is there – there have been press reports, videos, even stories. It’s now common knowledge. Those claims should be properly investigated and if true the Azeris should be immediately expelled from the contest before they drown it with their petro-dollars and political agenda. The author of the article is dealing with Eurovision for a number of years. I am sure he knows more about those things than most. Things like e.g. Azerbaijan’s ESC “PR” budget for 2009…was it 4m euros according to rumors?…

• Richard Mole 4 years ago

Just because Eastern Europe gave points to Denmark doesn’t mean that Azerbaijan should have got points from Western Europe. The West clearly didn’t like the song and this was reflected in the voting. There were 4 other countries besides the Nordic countries who didn’t give any points to Azerbaijan – the UK, Italy, Macedonia, Estonia. And hardly any other Western countries gave them high points, a couple did, but that was an exception. The whole of Europe on average liked Denmark’s song better and that’s why they won !