New releases, performances and news all over Europe
- Kate Ryan, the 2006 Belgian entrant and always willing to comeback to the contest, released a brand new song titled “Runaway”, a cover version of the 80s classic ‘Smalltown Boy’ by Bronski Beat and the video is available below.
- Stig Rästa, who along with Elina represented Estonia in the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest, released a new song. The new single is titled “Sekundiga” and is a song along with Traffic, his band mates.
- After a good result for Israel this year, IBA is thinking to use HaKochav Haba (The Next Star) again as a selection method for 2016 Eurovision Song Contest and the auditions already kicked off at the Evita Club in Tel Aviv. There is though a small problem as Israeli press point out: May 10 (First Semi-final) and May 11 (Second Semi-final jury rehearsal) are coincide with the national memorial day of Israel. We hope this issue will be resolved with the EBU as it happened in 2011 and 2014.
- TCM, Monaco’s state television once again announced their non-comeback to the contest. Originally participating since 1959, the small state has also one victory back in 1971. The withdrew in 1979 and returned in 2004 till 2006.
- 2004 Eurovision Song Contest winner is back to Eurovision world as she was announced to perform at the Luxembourg’s Eurovision Gala Night on October 31st.
- Meanwhile in Sweden, summer gigs are ongoing and Eurovision stars are all over them. Eric Saade perfumed at Sommarkrysset and Isa at Lotta på Liseberg. Watch their performances.
- Last but not least, during the Diggiloo tour, Helena Paparizou is teaching her friends and partners at the tour project the choreography of “My number one” the song with which Helena gave the first ever trophy to Greece 10 years ago.