ISRAEL – The introduction of the 4 participants in the Hariba Square in Tel Aviv concluded and now the delegations are in the private area following a special program as some of you already watch on YouTube. The official photos of the Orange Carpet has been released but in this post we bring you highlights and first photo impressions taken by our partners throughout the red carpet.
- The event could have been better organised especially with the hosts who coupon;t co ordinate themselves.
- The sound was really bad and the broadcast could easily make you stop watching
- The TV sequence of the event was a bit incoherent having nothing to do with the stunning TV program RTP gave us last year.
- Special guests appeared during the Orange Carpet: Elpida (Greece 1979, Cyprus 1986), Eleni Foureira (Cyprus 2018), Verka Serduchka (Ukraine 2007), Netta (of course) the winner of 2018 Eurovision Song Contest and the 1991 Israeli entrants performing as uo again their amazing song “Kan”.
- We loved the Mayor of Tel Aviv who literally trolled himself one again proving how charismatic and a man of humour he is.
- It was funny to see Australian entrant Kate implying or simply expressing her wishful thinking that Paris will host Eurovision if Australia wins.
- Katerine Duska said that she hasn’t seen much of the city because she is working all day rehearsing and giving press interviews.
- Verka Serduchka showed on camera an H&M shopping bag causing the main hostess to immediately remove the bag as it was commercial endorsement
- Elpida said that she was excited o be back to Israel 40 years after her participation and she will sing tomorrow at the Euroclub.
- Serhat made sure everyone knows that he is from Turkey and promised Hebrew songs tomorrow at the Euroclub.
- Kobi Marimi was actually laughing in his carpet interview as he practically lives 2 minute away from the event
- Kirkorov and Chingiz appealed to the Israelis with their knowledge of Israeli songs. Kirkorov is known for giving downs of concerts in Israel and CHingiz struggled five years to learn a song in Hebrew simply because he likes difficulties.
- Dana International performed an excellent lipsync version of “diva” in the private concert for the delegations.
- Hatari explained that their costumes are made by Icelandic designer and justified their outfits missing parts by saying that this city is too hot for them (and we truly believe them).
- It was funny when Zala and Gasper were asked if the were a couple. Zala answered that they are just friends and caused the host to laugh.
- Luca Hänni revealed that before becoming a singer he was a construction building worker (and some of us got even more … excited).
- Duncan from The Netherlands stated aware of his betting odds top ranking but urged everyone t cam down and wait for the live shows. He also felt familiar with the Orange Carpet as orange is the official colour of his country.
- Pænda said that she wear white outfit just for a change as she usually wears black outfits and when asked about her blue hair, the hostess told her that the colour resembles the flag of Israel which was a good answer advise for the Austrian signer if she knew it in advance.