Malta 2016: TVM announce MESC selection to take place in January
PRESS RELEASE – Public Broadcasting Services Limited is pleased to announce the Malta Eurovision Song Contest 2016, which will be held in January. The full regulations of the contest may be downloaded by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Last year’s winning artist may not participate as a performer in the Contest.
- All artists participating in lead role must be of Maltese nationality or hold dual citizenship, one of which Maltese. Authors and composers may be of any nationality.
- Submissions will be received on 29th and 30th October 2015. In addition to the original song, artists need to submit a recording of another song, which can be a cover version, or a song that has already been published.
- Twenty finalists will be announced in November 2015. The finalists will perform live with backing vocals in the Contest. The panel of Judges will be made up of six judges. Televoting will represent the vote of a seventh judge. Artists will be allowed to interpret two different songs during Part 1 of the Final Phase.
- Fourteen songs will qualify for the Final Phase – Part 2. Artist will be allowed to interpret one song during Part 2 of the final phase.
- The winning Artist will be eligible to represent Malta in the forthcoming edition of the Eurovision Song Contest to be held in Sweden in May 2016.