JESC 2013: BELARUS ANNOUNCE FINALISTS
On June 18 the professional jury headed by the national artiste of Belarus Eduard Zaritsky defined the participants of the contest “Song for Eurovision, which is a national section round for Junior Eurovision 2013.
53 applications were submitted to Belteleradiocompany. The professional jury considered 48 of them, as 5 applications (1 from Belarus and 4 from Russia) failed to meet the contest requirements specified in Statement on the national section round for Junior Eurovision 2013.
“We received the applications not only from Belarus, but also from Russia, including 1 from Moscow, 1 from Mezhdurechensk, Kemerovo District, and 2 from Novosibirsk”, said the head of the working group for the national section round for Junior Eurovision 2013, the executive producer of TV channel Belarus 2 Ludmila Borodina. Unfortunately the jury couldn’t consider these applications, as they don’t meet the contest requirements specified in Statement on the national section round for Junior Eurovision 2013 (Section III, clause 9), which states that the citizens of the Republic of Belarus, and foreign citizens and people without citizenship residing on the territory of the Republic of Belarus (no less than 2.5 years) qualify for the contest.
The finalists of the selection round:
01. Angelina Pipper – “We are Dancing Jazz” (Ostromchevo, Brest Region)
02. Ksenia Tereshenok – “Under the Dream Sail” (Minsk)
03. Igor Muravkin – “They, Who Look for Happiness” (Kolodishchi, Minsk Region)
04. Ruslan Aslanov – “Stars are Calling” (Tarasovo, Minsk Region)
05. Valdlen Ivanov – “White Clouds” (Bobruisk, Mogilev Region)
06. Danaya Sharshavitskaya – “Simple Tune” (Borisov, Minsk Region)
07. Yulia Mozhilovskaya – “Dreams” (Minsk)
08. Anna Zaytseva – “We Remember” (Minsk)
09. Волков Илья – “Sing with Me” (Minsk)
10. Nadezhda Misyakova – “Delovaya” (Minsk)
The final of the national selection round will be held in September. It will be broadcasted live by TV channel Belarus-1. The sequence of performances will be selected by a draw. The winner of the contest will represent our country at Junior Eurovision 2013 in Kiev, Ukraine. It will be selected by the vote of the jury and TV audience.