Iceland 2019 🇮🇸 what changes implemented for Söngvakeppnin?
ICELAND – It is already announced that Iceland met with the Hebrew Consul and decided not to object in the country’s participation in the Tel Aviv 2019 Eurovision edition. National broadcaster immediately announced the rules and terms for the national selection, Söngvakeppnin, along with the dates. Therefore the submissions due on October 22nd and the shows will take place on February 9th and 16th at the Háskólabíóiv arena with the final set for March 2nd at the Laugardalshöll arena.
There will be changes in the 2019 edition of Söngvakeppnin though and here they are:
- There be 10 semi finalists instead of 12
- Each semi final will present 5 acts
- Two songs from each semi final will proceed to the final
- There is a possibility of a wildcard if the broadcaster decides so
- In the semi finals there will be 100% public voting
- In the final public will decide the two super finalists
- Super final result will be decided by jury ad public voting, in 50% each ratio
- There will be a Eurostar performing in the final just like the previous years (Loreen, Måns Zelmerlöw, Emmelie de Forest and more)
- Besides those submitting a song, the broadcaster will invite composers to pen songs
- The language of song lyrics should be Icelandic (at least for the national selection)
- Each composer can submit up to two songs
- There is no similar limitation for the lyricists though