SONGVAKEPPNIN 2013: EYBOR INGI GUNNLAUGSSON WINS
After a two hours show and a superfinal Eyþór Ingi Gunnlaugsson will represent Iceland at Eurovision 2013 with the song Ég syng!
Seven acts has been performed at the Harpa Complex in the capital of Iceland: Reykjavik.
- Magni Ásgeirsson – Ekki Líta Undan
- Svavar Knútur Kristinsson and Hreindís Ylva Garðarsdóttir Hólm – Lífið Snýst
- Eyþór Ingi Gunnlaugsson – Ég á Líf
- Birgitta Haukdal – Meðal Andanna
- Jógvan Hansen and Stefanía Svavarsdóttir – Til þín
- Haraldur Reynisson – Vinátta
- Unnur Eggertsdóttir – Ég Syng!
The Icelandic entry for the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest has been chosen in the final ofSöngvakeppnin, the national selection of the Nordic country, tonight. Seven acts were battling for the ticket to Malmö, and in the end, Eyþór Ingi Gunnlaugsson gained the highest score in the joint result of televoting and the verdict of an expert jury.
A combination of jury vote and televoting first decided on the two superfinalists: Eyþór Ingi Gunnlaugsson and Unnur Eggertsdóttir!
Then, the televoters picked the actual winner: Eyþór Ingi Gunnlaugsson will represent Iceland in Malmö next May with Ég Á Líf!