Gallery / Sweden 2015: sight seeing in Stockholm
STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN – First time in “IkeaLand”, first time in that city, and I must say I love it here! As a Latin boy, I have to confess I’ve been seduced by this Nordic landmark. Stockholm is just like a bigger version of Copenhagen (of course since the city calls itself « the capital of Scandinavia »!). As far as I’m concerned, I would call it “city of contrasts”.
- It’s a busy, bursting but peaceful and safe place.
- It’s very Swedish (flags and local artefacts are everywhere), but incredibly multicultural at the same time with people from all corners of the world wandering together on the numerous pedestrian streets.
- It’s perfectly clean, with swans in the harbour or hare on highways, but toilets are a big mess in most public places (only negative point so far).
- Over here, even though people are rather quiet and secret, you can see they are happy and enjoying their way of life.
- The architecture of Stockholm city centre is sometimes massive, grey, sad, lacking a touch of modernity, but the natural surroundings (lakes, sea, islands…) make Stockholm a very attractive place.
Of course, I was lucky enough to experience the place under an incredible blue sky and cold but decent temperature. But I can bet 1,000 kronor that the city is still a great place under the snow. As people say of here “kyssar från Stockholm!”