France 2016: this is how the Hexagone will decide for Stockholm
PARIS, FRANCE – After having changed the head of delegation it seems that France is feeling quite concerned with Eurovision this year. In an early and unexpected announcement, French broadcaster France 2 has revealed today how the next French entry will be chosen.
First of all, the public will not be involved in the selection process since FranceTélévisions sticks to the “internal selection” formula. Only the Artistic Committee will choose who will get the ticket to Stockholm.
But, any artist following the preselection rules can apply for the job since the submission period is open from today, until October 31st.
In addition to “Eurovision” criteria (3 minute-long track, up to 6 persons on stage, no song heard or published before September 2015…), the French broadcaster had added its own rules:
- You have to be aged 16 to 50
- You can be of any nationality or religion, but must be able to do the promotion job in both French and English
- You can be a singer only, with a song to submit (France 2 will not provide tracks)
- You can be a song writer / composer and submit a song (France 2 will help you find a singer)
- You can be a song writer / composer and submit a song, as well as an artist
- Submitted songs must have a large vocal part, and has to be performed 80% at least in French.
Moreover, the broadcaster underlines the fact that the Record Company responsible for the selected entry, will be in charge of the whole promotion of it, even if France 2 wants to be involved in all aspects of this campaign, prior to the contest, as well as the stage presentation.
If you are interested in representing the Hexagone in Sweden next may, you can send you application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
The good news is the internal selection, but the bad news is the open call for songs and artists. We won’t see a big name representing France in Stockholm, I’m afraid…