February 26 🇪🇺 the latest #Eurovision headlines
- 🇬🇷 Let’s start today’s voyage to the latest Eurovision headlines with the brand new video of Demy, the 2017 Greek representative. Demy and Panik records presented the video clip for the song “Orio Kanena” (No Limit). In a recent interview Demy stated about Eurovision 2017 that after the results in Kyiv she cried but she soon realised that she delivered the best she could on stage and that Eurovision is just a show and nothing too stress more about.
- 🇱🇻 The complete results for Supernova revealed. It is interesting to see that Laura Rizzotoo won the public voting with 2,956 votes but Liene Greifane won the internet voting with 8,000 votes. The data shows how the winner of Saturday night’s final was determined via internet, telephone and Spotify voting. In the combined public and Internet voting Liene won with 8,398 votes. It is interesting too see that Spotify winners through streaming numbers were the Sudden Lights with 28%. Now when all those votes combined gave Laura the first place something which went along the jury voting. Therefore Laura is the rightful winner of Supernova 2018.
- 🇧🇪 It is announced that VRT will make the official presentation of the video clip and therefore the song for Belgium in the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest on March 6th. The premiere will take place through Belgian radio and most likely at De Grote Peter van de Veire Ochtendshow. So we have to wait one week to find out which song will Sennek perform in Lisbon.
- 🇫🇮 YLE revealed the three outfits for Saara Aalto, to perform in the 2018 UMK, the song selection show on March 3rd. Brian Friedman, Lukas McFarlane and Reija Wäre are involved in the stage presentation for Saara not only in UMK but also in the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest. You can see the outfits in the Instagram post below.
- 🇸🇮 Detailed voting revealed for EMA 2018, the show through which Slovenia decided that Lea Sirk will be the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest representative. Lea Sirk won the show duet to the jury as BQL (also oikotimes readers’ favourites) won the public voting. You can see all national finals results across Europe here.
- 🇨🇭 ZiBBZ, the 2018 Eurovision representatives of Switzerland concluded the filming of their video clip for the contest. The filming took place in Los Angeles as the two siblings stay there. A mini tease of the video clip filling depicted through their Instagram post.
SLOVENIA 2018 🇸🇮 EMA FINAL
PARTICIPANT(S) SONG TITLE JURY PUBLIC TOTAL OIKOTIMES POLL Lea Sirk " Hvala, ne! " 68 48 116 BQL "Promise" 34 72 106 Predicted to Win Nuška Drašček "Ne zapusti me zdaj" 28 60 88 Lara Kadis "Zdaj sem tu" 38 36 74 Proper "Ukraden cvet" 30 24 54 Ina Shai "Glow" 26 12 38 Indigo "Vesna" 18 0 18 Marina Martensson "Blizu" 10 0 10
- 🇸🇪 Somehow good news for the viewing figures in Melodifestivalen: 2,877 million viewers watched the fourth semi final in Örnsköldsvik. The distribution was: 2,855 million viewers on SVT1 and 19,000 viewers on SVT24 (sign language). Though we agree still down from 2017 as wee notice a decline of 530,000 viewers. SVT claims that the drop is due to the Winter Olympics in South Korea.
- 🇫🇷 Alma, who represented France in 2017 with her song “Requiem”, and Christophe Willem, who was a judge during their selection process “Destination Eurovision” will be the commentators for the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest in Lisbon joining Stephane Bern who is a French journalist, radio host and television presenter. Marianne James dropped from the commenting job as she feels that although the 2018 French entry is a great song with a powerful message, the doubts that Europeans (and the Australians) will understand who is “Mercy”.
- 🇳🇱 AVROTROS are giving fans of Waylon the chance to see Waylon perform live on Muziekcafé this Saturday, the day after his Eurovision entry is revealed. The Dutch national broadcaster is giving the fans of this years singer from the Netherlands, Waylon the chance to be in audience for Muziekcafé – Eurovisie Edition this Saturday. Those wishing to attend the show have until Friday to explain via email why they should be in the audience for the show. To take part: Send an email with your name, date of birth and why you must be present to firstname.lastname@example.org (source: www.eeurovoix.com)
- 🇭🇺 Almost half a million Hungarians watched thee final of A Dal 2018 as MTVA reports 487,000 viewers for Saturday’s live show. It was the most watched show with market share of 11.8%. Moreover the data for the shows of A Dal this year are: 10% for the first heat, 9.2% for the second heat, 8.2% for the third heat, 6.9% for the first semi final, 7.6% for the second semifinal and 11.8% for the final. Thee figures are the lowers in the history of A Dal with a drop of 87,000 viewers since 2017.