February 23 🇪🇺 the latest #Eurovision headlines
- 🇫🇮 We already know the three potential Eurovision songs for Saara Aalto and you can still vote for them here but there are more exciting news for the Finnish popstar. Saara, just after Eurovision – she’s gonna support one of the biggest British pop groups, Steps, on their #SummerOfSteps tour. Saara Aalto is not the only Eurovision star, who’ll join Steps on their Grandslam 2018 tour, Blue, who represented United Kingdom at the 2011 Eurovision Song Contest with their entry, ‘I Can‘.
- 🇫🇷 After three years in the French delegation at the Eurovision Song Contest, Marianne James announced the withdrawal of the pair of commentators from the 2018 edition. Together with Stephane Berna, songwriter, actress and singer Marianne James was responsible for the Eurovision Song Contest’s comments on the French broadcaster over the last three years, and last summer confirmed the duo’s presence in the Lisbon-based edition. However, Marianne James has publicly announced that she will not be responsible for the comments in the Eurovision Song Contest 2018, and the news was confirmed by France2 who refused to move forward with the justification for the withdrawal or the name of her replacement. Marianne James recently expressed her concern about the possible success of France’s candidature for the Eurovision Song Contest 2018, ‘Mercy’: “The song works in France, I have already downloaded it. But I have one question: the Macedonians, the Icelanders and Australians will understand the message? ” he said, doubting that European viewers would want to hear a song about emigration. In addition, Marianne assured that Emmy Liyana with “OK or KO”, fourth classified in the contest, was her favourite.
- 🇨🇾 It is announced by CyBC that the video clip for “Fuego” the entry with which Eleni Foureira / #QueenF will represent the island in Lisbon, will be aired on March 2nd at the RIK1 prime time news.
- 🇸🇪 Christer Björkman, the man behind the Melodifestivalen in Sweden, will act as Contest Producer for the Eurovision Song Contest 2018 in Lisbon. Christer confirmed the news to the Melodifestivalen fan club. The job will mean, amongst other things, being responsible for the running order for the live shows in Lisbon. (source: SVT, translation: www.eurovoix.com)
- 🇩🇪 Michael Schulte won Unser Lied für Lissabon, the German national final with the song “You Let Me Walk” penned by Danish author Thomas Stengaard. The song is dedicated to Michael’s dad who passed away 13 years go leaving him and his mother alone to survive. This is why he presented a huge book on stage with memories from his father.
- 🇸🇲 Changes in the final line up for the San Marino selection: as IROL will not rap in the song for Jessica. 1in360 organisers Tweeted: “Another day, another #1in360drama… @irolmc has dropped out of #whoweare because it’s too “poppy” for him. Luckily another candidate has stepped on 24 hrs notice. Find out who at 8 p.m. CET tonight when we publish the studio versions of all songs.
- 🇺🇦 Jamala is announced as performer in the final of Vidbir Final, the show through which Ukraine will decide its participation in the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest. She will perform brand new song titled “Krila”.
- 🇷🇴 Romania is ready for the national final after a marathon of city-to-city semi final. On February 25th we will seee the participants fighting for the ticket to Lisbon but also we will see some guest stars: Alex Calancea Band who will sing a fusion of folk music, modern music, “bass capricios” and some amazing voices, Ilinca, the 2017 participant performing her new single “Nu Acum” and the winner of the Moldovan national final (which will be decided a day before).
- 🇭🇺 Hungarian national broadcaster also announced guests for the A Dal 2018 final: Joci Pápai, Magna Cum Laude and György Ferenczi