February 13 🇪🇺 the latest #Eurovision headlines
- 🇭🇷 Croatian national broadcaster will announce today the 2018 Eurovision representative for Croatia. Speculations began to rise on the web as the photo teasers seem to indicate Franka Batelić as the chosen artist. She won the talent show Showtime win 2007 and participated in Dora 2009 and 2010 editions reaching 7th rank in both occasions.
- 🇩🇰 1.38 million watched the Danish national selection as media report. DMGP therefore topped weekly shows beating X-Factor by 120,000 viewers. Though the audience is 180,000 less in comparison to 2017 DMGP final and the lowest since 2008.
- 🇸🇪 Things doesn’t look great for Melodifestivalen TV rates this year. 400,000 fewer viewers tuned for the second semi final compared to the first one. 2.91 million viewers watch the show and 18,000 the sign language channel. It seems that fall is attributed to the high viewership of Winter Olympics, SVT states that the drop in viewing figures is lower than the fall that occurred in 2010, but higher than the drop in interest that took place in 2014.
- 🇬🇷 New deadline given to the record labels by ERT. They have up to February 15 to sign the updated contract and submit the bank guarantees. The new contract requests bank deposit of 20,000 Euros and penalty of 70,000 (instead of 90,000 Euros originally) in case they fail to meet the rules and damage ERT’s image. The songs must be submitted by the latest February 18th in order for the national final to take place on February 22nd. In the meantime Thessaloniki Song Festival 2008 winner Stavros Siolas is tipped to be the alternative internal choice of ERT for Lisbon.
- 🇮🇹 Ermal and Fabrizio victory by tele voting landslide last Saturday in Sanremo 2018 Festival brought to our attention their message of the song. It’s all about the terrorist attack in 2015 and the message of the singers that nothing will intimidate them Orr make them hate other people.