Eurovision 2019 🇮🇱 everything points to Tel Aviv
Fotis Konstantopoulos (Greece)
ISRAEL – Through regional media it has becoming public that national broadcaster, KAN, issued the requirements for the host city of the 2019 Eurovision Song Contest in which they will invite the cities to bid for hosting next May’s event.
Checking the requirements as stated below it’s almost clear that only Tel Aviv can host the event. Especially with the Shabbat requirement it’s also clear that Jerusalem is out of the picture (not to mention the international reactions for the city).
- The venue must have a minimum 8,000 people and a maximum 12,000 people capacity, and should be in a covered space
- There must be at least 3,000 available hotel rooms in the city
- A press centre with a capacity for 1,500 journalists must be close to the venue
- The venue must be available for preparations from March to May 2019
- Specific requirement the contest rehearsals should also take place during Shabbat.
Deputy Mayor of Tel Aviv- Jaffa, Meital Lehavi has also commented: “Now that the criteria have been exposed and Tel Aviv-Jaffa can officially meet the conditions and host the Eurovision Song Contest, it is clear that this is where competition should take place. Tel Aviv is suitable both in terms of infrastructure, both in terms of number of guests and the possibilities offered them and in terms of being the city cultural center of Israel.”