Eurovision 2018 🇵🇹 all you need to know about EuroVillage
Fotis Konstantopoulos (Greece)
EUROVISION.TV REPORTS / PORTUGAL – Host Broadcaster RTP announced that the Eurovision Village, located at Terreiro do Paço, will open on the 4th of May. The central Eurovision hub in town will open its gates every day until the day of the Grand Final, 12th of May, from 10:00 in the morning until midnight. With the Eurovision Song Contest, Portugal and its capital Lisbon are hosting one of the biggest events ever held in the country. With the Eurovision Village, the organisers aim to create a parallel place from where the population of Lisbon and its visitors can enjoy the festivities of the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest. Therefor, entrance to the Eurovision Village is free as long as there is capacity.
The Eurovision Village programme includes concerts by Portuguese artists, performances by this year’s contestants, tributes to the great names of Portuguese music, as well as live broadcasts of the Semi-Finals and the Grand Final on 8, 10 and 12 May. The area will also offer visitors the opportunity to enjoy street food, relax at the lounge area and enjoy partner and sponsor activities. The area will be fenced off with an out-door exposition about the history of the Eurovision Song Contest.
The schedule so far
The Portuguese duo Beatbombers will open the Eurovision Village stage on 4th of May at 21:00 local time. The Beatbombers are the world champion scratch artists and are responsible for the creation soundtrack of the Eurovision flag parade that kicks off the Grand Final on the 12th of May.
- On the 5th of May the project Lisbon at Night promises to light up Terreiro do Paço with a performance of the Portuguese artists Discotexas.
- On the 6th of May, the evening will feature tributes to great Portuguese artists and former Eurovision contestants. JP Coimbra and Nuno Figueiredo will present a tribute to Carlos Paião, Moullinex will present a tribute to Doce and Nuno Feist will close the night with a tribute to Simone de Oliveira, one of the most epic Portuguese Eurovision acts. From 17:00 to 19:40 local time visitors will be able to follow the Blue Carpet event on the Eurovision Village screens, coming live from MAAT.
- On the 7th of May, the Village will host an Atlantic Night featuring Brazilian and African Sounds and Rhythms, with Portuguese-Brazilian band Banda do Mar (pictured) performing at 21:00 and Angolan singer Waldemar Bastos at 22.30.
- The Metropolitan Orchestra of Lisbon will present The Greatest European Classics on the 9th of May between 21:00 and 23:00.
- On the 11th of May Orelha Negra will perform at 21:00, followed by Blaya, Ana Bacalhau, M7 and Marta Ren.
- Of course the 2018 contestantants will perform on the Eurovision Village stage as well. The schedule will be announced shortly.
- The Eurovision Village is planned and managed in partnership with the Lisbon City Council.