Eurovision 2015: all the news following this year’s contest
EUROPE – The 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is over and the first news set with the highlights of the contest aftermath was quite interesting if you read it already here. Let’s have another set of information coming out of the contest regarding the countries their plans and their after Eurovision reactions.
- On May 15th the debut album of Conchita Wurst has been released. On „Conchita“ the winner of the Eurovision Song Contest 2014 shows her musical range, be it a power ballad, dance floor music, swing or pop. On 21st of May Conchita was honored with the Platinum Award for her debut album. The award was handed over as a surprise during a press conference in the Wiener Stadthalle by Dietmar Lienbacher, Division Head of Sony Music Austria. Moreover her album entered the charts in Austria directly to number one. position
- We all suspect it and somehow we all know it will happen. Måns Zelmerlöw said to Aftobladet that he is open to host the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest if SVT offers the job.
- SBS claim huge TV rating as 4,2 million watched at least for five minutes either the semifinals or the final. Last year that number was 2,7 million. SBS still leaves open doors for participation in Eurovision 2016.
- Spanish representative Edurne released the English version of Amanecer, the song that was treated unfairly by the director in the Eurovision 2015 with his destructive comers work and plundered the country in the scoreboard. You can listen to the English version song here.
- Sweden, Belgium, Hungary, Finland, France, Latvia, Malta, Austria and Denmark already confirmed participation for the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest.