Fotis Konstantopoulos (Greece)

This passion begins in 1984, in 1996 I established oikotimes as a printed pamphlet and in 2001 as a website turned eventually into Eurovision. The best thing happened is that I got to know some great friends.

• garry cruickshank (@garrychelsea) 4 years ago

I love how people complaining about spelling and English writes gobbledegook on their facebook page,people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stonesLast time i saw a hissy fit like that was at making your mind up at the BBC when some people got hysterical when they didn’t get into the studio

• Kire Veljanovski 4 years ago

I`m sick of the votes between Greece and Cyprus .It is obvious hoax and diminishes The Eurovision song contest as a bad joke.They both should be banned!

• John Redpath 4 years ago

‘then don’t visit it dear’ so that is your professional response. You put this website out there and take no responsibility and take no advice, clearly all you want is to be photographed with the stars and treat your editing as a joke. You clearly just do not get it…..so put simply, it is like me editing a website in the Greek language and having no regard for the spelling or the grammar and showing no regard for advice from Greek speakers

• John Redpath 4 years ago

if only someone who edited this stuff could speak and write English to a high standard, this is just a joke and an insult to my language

• seoirse96 4 years ago

I am confused…How can this work? Do that add the two numbers together and the lowest number gets 12pts? second lowest gets 10pts? etc? or do they just use the two sums (positions in each vote) and work out the mean…whoever has the lowest mean gets’ 12pts? second lowest mean gets 10pts? That’s confusing.

• Fotis Konstantopoulos reporting from Greece 4 years ago

it’s simple
      1st we get the top 26 rank of televoting
      2nd we get the top 26 rank of the jury (based on their own way of voting)
      then they combine the top rankings split it by two and get the top ten to ward 1-12 pts

• Sándor Mádi 4 years ago

Thanks André, now I understand. I read it sometimes to understand it, but because of your english :)

• André Moreira 4 years ago

I think it’s for example! Jury peaks one country in 1st place and public in 18th so there aren’t 12 pts +0 pts but 9,5 middle place!
    So for example if jury gives 12 pts to a country and that country is last at the public but for example jury gives 4 pts to a country and public other 4 pts it would be 6th place middle! In this way :
    4 + 4 PTS = 8 pts (2nd better country)
    12 + 0 = 12 pts (Better country)

With New method:
    1st place + 18th place = 9,5th middle place (2nd better country)
    6 th place + 6 th place = 6th place middle (better country)

So the second one will be better than the 1st. That’s the advantage of this method!
    I hope have help you :x With my bad english!

• Sándor Mádi 4 years ago

Does it mean that for example jury gave 120 points, televoting give 50 points, so total 170 points. Please someone, explain me with an example.

• Fotis Konstantopoulos reporting from Greece 4 years ago

why do you make your mind suffer so much?it’s very easy: example
      Greece ranked 7th in televoting