Cyprus 2018 🇨🇾 when will we listen to Fuego?
CYPRUS – Embassy of Cyprus in Athens held a press presentation of Eleni Foureira this afternoon. In the press presentation the singer, CyBC Eurovision HoD, CyBC General Director and record label representative, attended. Here are the highlights of the presentation and what Eleni herself told the press.
- Eleni Foureira dreamed of Eurovision since she was a child
- She immediately accepted the proposal when she heard the song by Alex Papaconstantinou
- She remembers how close she came to Eurovision when in the 2010 NF she came 2nd
- She reveals lyric fragment saying: “feeling the Fuego inside me”
- Besides the Spanish title, there’s no relation of the song with Spain
- She is not into promotional tours as she considers Eurovision has changed
- She explains that Sacha Jean Baptiste would never have taken over stage presentation unless she felt the song will do well
- Favourite Eurosong songs are those of Sakis, Helena, Kalomira, Mans’ entry. Iveta’s “Lovewave” and Israel’s “Golden Boy”
- Regarding Greek finalists she knows Yianna Terzi dude to the same record label and admires Areti Ketime
- She will do everything possible to get a great ranking for Cyprus and she is already stressed with the responsibility
- The song and the video clip will be ready around 15-20 of February and it is going to bee spectacular
- She considers Cyprus as a essential part of Greek culture and thanked CyBC for honouring her