ESTONIA – Estonia’s biggest music contest – Eesti Laul celebrates its Tin Jubilee! For the tenth time Estonia’s best authors and musicians have the opportunity to make history and show off their talent to Estonia, Europe and beyond!
Song submission is now open with a deadline of 3pm sharp on November 1st.
“Everybody is welcome! It doesn’t matter if you’re an established artist or a complete newcomer – the most important thing is that your song gives us something unique in 180 seconds,” said Eesti Laul producer, Mart Normet. “Eesti Laul is a celebration of Estonian music and has grown into an Estonian institution. It is our aim that we showcase a wide variety of Estonian artists that are bravely representing themselves and their music.”
- One author or group of authors can participate in competition with up to 3 songs and one artist can present up to three songs. As usual, the length of the song must not exceed 3 minutes.
- Foreign authors and musicians welcome to be involved, but at least half of the team must be Estonian citizens or residents.
- Both lyrics and music must be new and cannot have been published before September 1st.
- Full Eesti Laul rules and participation form is available on the official Eesti Laul website www.eestilaul.ee
- Songs that are chosen to progress to the semi-finals will be presented on December 19th and 20th via www.eestilaul.ee website
- The Semi-Finals will be held on February 10th and 17th with the Eesti laul 2018 finale once again taking place at Saku Suurhall on March 3rd.
- “Almost half of the arena is already sold out,” said Tarmo Hõbe, CEO of Saku Suurhall and co-producer of Eesti Laul.
- Tickets to the Eesti Laul 2018 finale at Saku Suurhall are available here