INFORMATION DESK

Articles by Ghassan Al Kaziri (UAE)

About Ghassan Al Kaziri (UAE) (808 Articles)
For many years I was living in Denmark, it was back in 2000 when I met and loved the Eurovision Song Contest. Thousands of miles away from Europe now, I am still a dedicated fan of the contest and proud to be a member of oikotimes.com

Denmark 2017: meet the ten finalists

DENMARK – Today Denmark’s 10 contestants for Melodi Grand Prix 2017 has been revealed by DR. Two former winners of The X Factor Denmark, last year’s runner-up and the “living doll” from The X Factor UK 2016 are among the finalists. One of them will represent Denmark in Kyiv in May. Ida Una- One Ida will open the show in Herning with a positive and uptempo song full of emotions, she says. She was discovered on Instagram on YouTube and was asked to perform a song in Melodi Grand ... | read the full story here

January 19, 2017 1:42 pm // 2 Comments

Denmark 2017: DR presents the DMGP finalists

DENMARK – Everything is ready for the DMGP final which is set for February 25th. Today DR revealed the 10 finalists. The songs will be presented on February 20th. Two X-Factor winners are entering the national final: Thomas Ring, who won the third season in 2010, and Anthony, who won the program in 2014 as part of Thomas Blach Mans composite duo Anthony Jasmin. Another winner of a talent show can be found in Danish-Australian Anja, who won The Voice in Australia in 2014 and last year ... | read the full story here

January 19, 2017 1:34 pm // 1 Comment

Spain 2017: here are the full versions of Objetivo Eurovisión; vote for them!

SPAIN – The Spanish national broadcaster revealed today the full versions of the songs for the 2017 Objetivo Eurovisión, the show through which the country will decide its participation for the Kyiv Eurovision Song Contest. Spain will participate in the Eurovision Song Contest 2017. The Spanish broadcaster Televisión Española (TVE) will organise the national final Objetivo Eurovisión 2017 in order to select the Spanish entry for the 2017 contest in Kiev, Ukraine. Objetivo Eurovisión ... | read the full story here

January 15, 2017 11:49 am // 0 Comments

Latvia 2017: here are the Supernova participants

LATVIA – Latvian national broadcaster, LTV revealed the participants for the 2017 edition of Supernova, the show through wish the country will decide its participation for Kyiv’s Eurovision Song Contest. There are 22 acts which were selected from the 168 submissions. They were selected by a professional jury made of Petri Mannonen (Universal), Matthias Miller (BMG), Fružina Zepa (Lollapalooza Berlin) and Joy Deb (co-writer of 2015 winning song “Heroes”). Supernova kicks off ... | read the full story here

January 13, 2017 12:42 pm // 0 Comments

The latest from Russia, FYR Macedonia and Israel

RUSSIA – It is not known when the Russian national broadcaster, Channel One, will reveal the 2017 Eurovision participant but they are neither denying or confirming so far Alexandr Panayotov’s name. There are five acts considered within the broadcaster. If we believe newspaper Moskovskij Komsomolets the announcement will be made in two weeks. FORMER YUGOSLAV REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA – The national broadcaster of FYR Macedonia has received more than 100 songs for Jana Burčeska, ... | read the full story here

January 12, 2017 4:12 pm // 1 Comment

Russia 2017: is Channel One ready to send a Ukrainian to Kyiv?

RUSSIA – For months now Life.ru is promoting Aleksandr Panayotov as the 2017 Russian representative in the Eurovision Song Contest. Though Channel One is not confirming nor denying the information. The Russian national broadcaster responsible for the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest though says that the decision has almost been reached. Aleksandr Panayotov is stating that he would be happy to represent Russia, it will be a great honour for him. Aleksandr Sergeevich Panayotov born in ... | read the full story here

January 9, 2017 1:55 pm // 1 Comment

Il Volo (Italy 2015) refuse to sing at Trumps inauguration ceremony!

ITALY – Il Volo, the 2015 Italian representatives in the Eurovision Song Contest were invited to perform at the Donald Trump inauguration ceremony on January 20th. The band refused the proposal saying “We do not agree with your ideas and we can not support who is based on xenophobia and racism.” IL VOLO STATEMENT “We do not agree with your ideas and we can not support those that are based on populism and xenophobia and racism ‘ claim, asking for respect for those ... | read the full story here

January 6, 2017 5:09 pm // 7 Comments

Eurovision Telegram: one more out from A Dal, Ireland confirms JESC participation, Swiss line up revealed

IRELAND – TG4 confirmed participation to the 2017 Junior Eurovision Song Contest which most likely will take place in Tbilisi, Georgia. The confirmation made through the social media and soon there will be information on http://www.junioreurovision.tv website on how the Irish hopefuls can apply HUNGARY – After yesterday’s disqualification of Jetlag from A Dal 2017, who is being replaced by Chase, Szabyest also has been disqualified, so his song “Szerelem kell” won’t be ... | read the full story here

January 5, 2017 1:06 pm // 1 Comment

Johnny Logan responds to Louis Walsh’s invitation

IRELAND – Louis Walsh, the mentor who suggested Brendan Murray to RTÉ for the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest invited Johnny Logan to compose the Irish entry for Kyiv. He knows the formula and what works – There is no one out there better than him who knows how to win. I would Love if Johnny Logan would write a song for us. That would be great. If he doesn’t. I will get one from England from a great songwriter. I am confident about that. He also threw stones on how Ireland is adopting ... | read the full story here

January 3, 2017 1:47 pm // 0 Comments

Eurovision Telegram: San Marino responds to alleged scandal, replacement in A Dal and the first qualifiers in Israel

SAN MARINO – Recently Tony Maiello claimed there was a Facebook chat where San Marino state television asked him to represent the country in Eurovision 2017 and asked for 500,000 Euros. Head of delegation Alessandro Capicchioni commented: “We have not had any contact with Mr. Maiello, or authorised anyone to contact him on our behalf. We do not exclude the false pretenses – because our names are public and are easily found on the web”. The secure oikotimes.com sources ... | read the full story here

January 3, 2017 9:58 am // 0 Comments