April 05 🇪🇺 the latest #Eurovision headlines
- Let’s start with the video in this post, which tours you to the press centre facility. The Pavilion of Portugal aka Pavilhão de Portugal has been designed by Álvaro Siza Vieira. The premises consists of two main bodies separated by a construction joint. One of the bodies is a public square, measuring 60 x 50 meters, covered by a thin concrete canopy, reinforced by stainless steel beams attached to the lateral porticos.
- The last wave of 2018 Eurovision Song Contest tickets took place this morning. The tickets are now all sold out. The availability for the rehearsals and live shows were limited.
- In the meantime Euroclub has changed and there is still no detailed information about it. The fans know only that the Euroclub will be open all day and night for accredited fans and media representatives but there seems to be no Euro Cafe this year as OGAE Portugal seems to have not been able to organise it.
- The number of tourists visiting Lisbon is predicted to be up 37% for the duration of the Eurovision Song Contest 2018. eDreams is predicting an increase in visitors to the Portuguese capital during the week of the Eurovision Song Contest by an impressive 37%. According to the travel agency, the largest number of bookings to visit the city have come from France, Germany and Spain, with visitor numbers increasing between 10-20% in these three countries. (source: Eurovoix.com)
- Eleni Foureira reveals that for the past three years she was submitting songs to ERT to represent Greece and her proposals were rejected every year. Later one her singles became number one in the Greek market. Speaking about Eurovision she said that she is not going there to become famous. regarding the criticism for her over sexy video clip, she said that this clip was not sexy enough for her. Even is she is dressed from head to toes she will still be sexy.
- STB has revealed today that it will be broadcasting all three Eurovision 2018 shows and that Serhiy Prytula will be the commentating live from Lisbon for the Ukrainian audience.
- Let’s see how the organisers are gearing up their work through the video RTP presented. Nuno Galopim (Eurovision 2018 consultant/script supervisor) takes us a on a special guided tour to the 2018 Eurovision Production Team’s hub and shows us how they are working round the clock in order to accomplish their targets and goals.