A triumph for Antonio José as he wins ‘The Voice’ Spain; and more JESC headlines!
MADRID, SPAIN – Antonio José was the Spanish representative in the 2005 Junior Eurovision Song Contest, ranking 2nd once again for his country in the contest. Last night a super triumph for him personally, and for the institution of Junior Eurovision Song Contest received: Antonio José won “The Voice of Spain”. This shows that Junior Eurovision, a joke contest for some, is indeed a nursery for upcoming talents. No need for more but congratulations for our JESC star (and a hint for Spain that they should put aside their idiotic perception for the contest and return to the contest).
IN OTHER JESC NEWS
- Italy, the winner of 2014 Junior Eurovision Song Contest, confirmed their participation in the 2015 Junior Eurovision Song Contest edition and the song will be chosen through the show Ti Lascio Una Canzone. The special show for Bulgaria will be aired on September 12th.
- Croatia, who returned in Malta, decided to withdraw again. The first ever country winning the Junior Eurovision Song Contest are not interested to come back to the contest.
- Belarusian national broadcaster concludes the auditions and heads to the selection of the seven participants now for the JESC final which is se for August 21st as there is high interest once again in the country for the contest.
- Armenia also announced their plans for Sofia. There will be internal selection, the name of the artist will be announced on July 1st and the country is eager to win one more trophy in Sofia!
- Georgia is one more country confirming participation for Sofia’s Junior Eurovision edition.
- Greek national broadcaster although not interested to spend money (they didn’t bid for the Euro 2016 broadcast rights by the EBU) doesn’t not exclude the JESC project, saying that they will examine all interesting projects, although we doubt they will be willing to spend these money at this moment where the country is almost declaring default!
- France is also a country that will not return in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest. Broadcaster France 2 said that the broadcaster is not interested to the contest.
- The same thing happened with Belgium as KETNET is also answering negatively to the European Broadcasting Union for potential return of the country in the contest.