UKRAINE – The Heads of all Delegations from the 43 participating countries in the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest gathered in Ukraine for the final meeting before the show. All countries are now submitting their Eurovision entries and materials for the event. Various activities and presentations about the show took place.
- Host country, Ukraine, drawn to appear 22nd in the Grand Final
- During the meeting delegates received updates from the core team of the Eurovision Song Contest and Host Broadcaster, UA:PBC, presented the plans for the postcards and for the event weeks.
- Apart from the arena, the Euro Club is one of the most popular venues during the event weeks of the Eurovision Song Contest. It is the place where delegations, fans and press party the night away and this year the confirmed venue is the Parkovy Convention and Exhibition Centre.
- Pavlo Hrytsak has been confirmed as the Executive Producer of the Eurovision Song Contest 2017
- The Eurovision Village will be located on Khreschatyk, a huge street in the heart of Kyiv. The entertainment programme will feature live performances from the participating artists as well as themed parties and competitions.
- The Red Carpet Event of the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest will take place on Sunday 7th May at Kyiv’s Mariyinsky Palace and will be streamed live on YouTube. The Opening Ceremony will be held in the Euro Club.
- 1000 volunteers will be on-hand during the event weeks to support fans, press and delegations. Nearly 12,000 applications were received in total. Kyiv’s City Administration will also organise official tours of the Ukrainian capital.