🇪🇺 140 artists including Eurostars remembered now what a “bad” nation Israel is and they demand Eurovision boycott!
Fotis Konstantopoulos (Greece)
EUROPE – 140 artists sign a petition to boycott the 2019 Eurovision Song Contest. The list includes Eurostars (performers, musicians and jury members) who suddenly remembered that Israeli government is “bad” and should be boycotted.
Yes, seriously! In any case we didn’t see them boycotting Netta when competing in Lisbon and we didn’t see European viewers ignoring the Israeli entry. On the contrary Israel won the public voting in Lisbon! Sometimes hypocrisy needs boundaries.
Here are the Eurostars who “remembered” in September of 2018 that Israel is a country that should be boycotted. We really wonder if they understand what Eurovision idea is all about…
- L-FRESH The LION, musician, Eurovision 2018 national judge (Australia)
- Kaija Kärkinen, singer, Eurovision 1991 finalist (Finland)
- Kyösti Laihi, musician, Eurovision 1988 finalist (Finland)
- Daði Freyr, musician, Eurovision 2017 national selection finalist (Iceland)
- Hildur Kristín Stefánsdóttir, musician, Eurovision 2017 national selection finalist (Iceland)
- Mike Murphy, broadcaster, eight-time Eurovision commentator (Ireland)
- Charlie McGettigan, musician, songwriter, Eurovision 1994 winner (Ireland)
- Robert Ballagh, artist, Riverdance set designer (Ireland)